The Writer and Life

Saturday, July 15, 2006

The Writer and Life

Saturday, July 15, 2006

The Writer and Life (reflection 1)
I suppose my writing life as been just another level in my over life human experience. Its not been better or worse than any other steps Ive taken on my way through this jungle. Its had its ups and downs, betrayals and blissful moments.
Ive had planned on writing about my life but frankly never felt it page worthy, not with all the ways I can throw a few of experiences into my fiction every now and then. But as I approach the century mark Im feeling reflective. When I put Michelle McGriff in the balance I am shy to pronounce the findings. But then again, how many of us are truly honest in the assessment of our worth on this earth. It often comes down to how others view us which is a sorry set of affairs, for who really loves you the way you love yourself.
Deciding if life has been good or bad is always a tricky thing to do because it could be crappy one minute and with just the jingle of the telephone change to something wonderful. I think that sucks and I feel like a prisoner sometimes, until I just say who cares then life is all good, at least for a minute.
I mean, how many times have you had the pills in your mouth and the water glass in hand and get interrupted by the doorbell and voila its a copy of your book in hardcover and you spit those pills out, like hell yeah I wanna live and then just a month later you go to Amazon and someone has shredded your dreams and youre like, now where did I put that cyanide pill I had?. Life is just full of rollercoaster rides complete with the puking and screaming, along with height and weight restrictions.
I have two non-fiction projects that are in the making one is a guidebook for new writers called The Business of Writing. Its basically going to recant my journey through all the things I did wrong. Im not too proud to admit it; I did a truckload of things wrong before catching on to the tricks of the tradethe main one being, just shut your mouth and write! The other project is a non-fiction, non-inspirational, non-judgmental, non-pity, ironic look at life from the eyes of Soul Mates who traveled through life missing each other by one coincidence after another. This story is to be written in a journalistic style in two voicesme and my soul mate. (The title is a secret)

2 Comments:

  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said…

    will bloggin help or buggle your writing?

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Michelle McGriff said…

    I'm of the thought that blogging will help. I've not done it very long but I've been encouraged to start. Sometimes, such as on MYSPACE I will blog a poem or something that pops in my head or a scene that I would like feed back on...so the answer I guess is yes, I think it will be helpful.! Thanks for asking.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home