Poem--when I decide to love again
Deciding on love (poem)
When I decide to love again, I think I will choose a old friend.
Someone that I know and trust, and that knows me its a must
Love is not about giving up what youve got, its about sharing and growing is it not?
But then again, why do I have to give up closet space, doesnt he have his own place?
I've grown too quirky for anyone new; too tire for things new lovers do
So when I decide to love again, its going to be way different then how its been
No more abusive and dysfunctional choices, bullies who do nothing make loud noises
Cussing me fussing me, embarrassing me disparaging me
Why go through that, I'm so done, a loser strikes out bat, I want a home run
Im a mature woman, above the mediocre curve, Love, and Loyalty, is what I deserve
I need a relationship that God can bless, not just some raggedy confusing mess
So when I decide to fall in love again, I dont need a choice of many men
I'll choose you
When I decide to love again, I think I will choose a old friend.
Someone that I know and trust, and that knows me its a must
Love is not about giving up what youve got, its about sharing and growing is it not?
But then again, why do I have to give up closet space, doesnt he have his own place?
I've grown too quirky for anyone new; too tire for things new lovers do
So when I decide to love again, its going to be way different then how its been
No more abusive and dysfunctional choices, bullies who do nothing make loud noises
Cussing me fussing me, embarrassing me disparaging me
Why go through that, I'm so done, a loser strikes out bat, I want a home run
Im a mature woman, above the mediocre curve, Love, and Loyalty, is what I deserve
I need a relationship that God can bless, not just some raggedy confusing mess
So when I decide to fall in love again, I dont need a choice of many men
I'll choose you


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home