The Writer and Life

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Tuesday Poetry
I want a manYeah,
I admit it
by Michelle McGriff
I want a real man,
Not one on the down low
See I'm not into sharing
And surely not with no male ho'
I want a man who's not using
My bank account as a scale
Spending my money is conditional
I'm not paying no Negro's bail
That brings me to race
And I know I'm not right
But I need a true brother
Not Mr. Mighty White
I want a man whose gentleman enough to
Hold hands down the street
But who can work up the thug in him
And sweat up the sheets
I also need a man who's not looking
At my weight
Using that to determine
if I'm a good mate
Have you ever thought?
My diet I would cut
If I had someone else
Looking at my butt
I'm beautiful, not a beauty
Not 'Cover Girl' glam
But I'm smart, I'm mature,
And I love who I am
Don't want or need drama
No mess, no lies, no game
Just come correct,
straight and true
And I'll do the same
Copyright M. McGriff, The Wet August Company 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home