Empty Nest?
EMPTY NEST??? what is that?
Current mood: crazy
Today called for a little journaling. I'm feeling the pressure to perform again, the pressure to perform circus acts, magic tricks, slight of hand and some little bitty miracles. I'm being called on to be a mother today and man, I had put my super mom costume away--especially after it got that biggo HOLE in the sleeve, how tacky is that? And no, I haven't outgrown it, like those spandex leggings but sheesh, I have wondered why I must wear it when I have no one to mother. Or at least no one who SHOULD need mothering. I have grown children who by all rights should be ‘mothering’ themselves, or even some little mirror images of themselves…or married to someone who can do it for them.
How long or god of the empty nest, will you forsake me, trick and beguile me into thinking that you are with me, that I can rest my head in your bosom and bask in all that you have to offer me in the way of freedom of my children? HOW LOOOONG will you deceive me into thinking empty nest means… EMPTY! I know, I’ll think I’ll change religion and start worshiping the god of redecorating, turn that room into a storage, yeah that’s what I’ll do, let me go find my Martha Stewart bible… I’ll be right back!
Current mood: crazy
Today called for a little journaling. I'm feeling the pressure to perform again, the pressure to perform circus acts, magic tricks, slight of hand and some little bitty miracles. I'm being called on to be a mother today and man, I had put my super mom costume away--especially after it got that biggo HOLE in the sleeve, how tacky is that? And no, I haven't outgrown it, like those spandex leggings but sheesh, I have wondered why I must wear it when I have no one to mother. Or at least no one who SHOULD need mothering. I have grown children who by all rights should be ‘mothering’ themselves, or even some little mirror images of themselves…or married to someone who can do it for them.
How long or god of the empty nest, will you forsake me, trick and beguile me into thinking that you are with me, that I can rest my head in your bosom and bask in all that you have to offer me in the way of freedom of my children? HOW LOOOONG will you deceive me into thinking empty nest means… EMPTY! I know, I’ll think I’ll change religion and start worshiping the god of redecorating, turn that room into a storage, yeah that’s what I’ll do, let me go find my Martha Stewart bible… I’ll be right back!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home