The Writer and Life

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Play Dough vs. Your Editor

Play Dough vs Editor... Ah hA I see the connection!



Okay... just like something you would do to your ex's new wife...when you send the children, you also send PLAY DOUGH, reason being, give the heffa something 'more' ta do! Like she doesn't have enough to do, right? What, with undoing all the stuff you taught your kids, uninstalling all the great programs you had put in your husband...of course he was probably carrying a Trojan when they met...right, so you didn't want him anymore anyway...right? But okay, so you send the play dough, just to keep her 'EXTRA BUSY' cleaning it out of the carpet, off the walls etc...

Well I got ta thinking... viciously, as I usually am on revision night...what if, I love that process...the 'what if' process... what if, I spelled everything right, but didn't put not ONE point of punctuation in this WHOLE manuscript...not ONE blasted COMMA for her to delete, not ONE (....) for her to RED LINE not one (!) for her to call redundant... I'm serious, I mean, I might not even put in a period for her to highlight and point to so as to emphasize that this period in the sentence was NOT the end of the sentence but in fact the verification she needed to prove to me that I did indeed create a fragment...

Yeah, yeah, I'm just gonna write this darn story and give it to her AS IS...feel me? No punctuation at all. Like I have time to put all that in there anyway just for her to take out.


As if I don't have enough to do already. HEYYY, maybe that's it, maybe I'm like the new wife... and this editor thing is like my publisher's idea of PLAY DOUGH! Ohhhhhhhhh...SNAP! I get it!



That is crazy wicked... I love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home